Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Trying Something Different

If  you read my post HERE last week on my old blog, you will know that I don't really have a love/hate relationship with exercise, but I am trying to live healthy.  So this week, thanks to the advice of a reader to that post, I decided to go ahead and try something new for working out. 

I seem to get really stuck in a rut when I eat and when I work out.  I feel like I can't go to the next routine until I've mastered the first one.  I know that if you change it up, it actually is better for your body, but I get in a rut and od the same thing.  So for the last month and a half, I've been working out on the treadmill everyday doing the same two routines.  I just didn't feel like it was getting better, so I didn't move on to anything else.

Today is a new day, so I decided to try out the Wii Fit again! It's been over a year since I checked in.  Really?  It seems like yesturday since I was doing that everyday!   I only used the basic program that came with the Wii Fit, but it at least gave me variety from my Tread Mill.  Then, just before I stopped using the Wii, I found the Biggest Loser game at a pawn shop for only $12!  I snatched it up!

Today I was Alli on the Biggest Loser!  I started with some Yoga and then went on a biking challenge for nine rounds and won!  Ok - so I'll be pretty sore and unable to make it up the steps without remembering this workout, but I did it!

What have you tried new for our workout lately?  Have you changed your rut, or routine lately?  Maybe you are just beginning your path to healthy living - so what have you tried new? 

1 comment:

  1. When you want to do some work out regularly , you have to find some thing you love!! You will be sometimes to tired to start, but when you like it , you will start and feel better after wards!! My work out was jazz ballet ,I did it until 50 years old!! I had to stop , because at that moment the oldest behind me was 35 I could not make it! So when you want to exercise find some thing you like , most of my family members love to run, but some like a bike, think about some thing you like to do and it is not so difficult. Wish you good luck!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I love to hear from you!