Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The Harvest of Grace - A Review

The Harvest of Grace: Book 3 in the Ada's House Amish Romance Series (An Ada's House Novel)
To see inside the book click HERE.
I was so excited to snag a copy of Cindy Woodsmall's new book "The Harvest of Grace" because I just love Christian Fiction books that are based on the Amish and of course I love every one of the Cindy Woodsmall books that I have read in the past.  "The Harvest of Grace" did not disappoint me in any way!

True to the usual style of Woodsmall, "The Harvest of Grace", she takes you through the struggles of Amish characters between the call of their traditions and the call of their Christian walk.  In this story, Sylvia Fisher is a woman that after trouble with an old beau, is forced to move far from her family and the life that she has always known.  Unlike most Amish women, Sylvia has no desire to follow the usual path of an Amish woman of housekeeping and children, Sylvia's heart's desire is to run a dairy farm.

As Sylvia fights to find her place and respect while trying revive a debt-laden farm from disaster, Aaron Blank, the farmer's son returns home to prove his sobriety and credibility.  Aaron struggles with finding peace with his father, proving himself to be changed, and accepting the new farm hand, Sylvia.  Aaron wants to get rid of the farm and begin a new life.

This novel kept me wondering if Aaron and Sylvia could find peace, a place between the old and new life, and save the farm from failure.  I found myself rooting for the farm to be a success and the farm to fail all at once as both characters, Sylvia and Aaron struggled with their own issues of coming to their own.

I highly recommend this book and found it to be hard to set down once started.  I did receive a copy of this book from Waterbrook Multnomah Press for this review.  All opinions are mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! I love to hear from you!