Thursday, May 3, 2012

Motivation From TV

I know it doesn't sound right that TV should be the motivation for healthy living, but I have found a show that is motivating to me.  Each morning, as I try to get through my emails, blog and Facebook, I run an episode of  The Revolution to get me going for the day.  You can go HERE to view episodes and read about the show.  

I started watching the show because Ty Pennington was on it.  I love him from back in his HGTV days.  I watched his ongoing home makeover show, but lost interest in it after too many tears!  I started to watch, really to see what his new project is.  I'm hooked, but not for the usual reasons that I love TV shows!

This time, I'm hooked on The Revolution, because each week, they feature a woman trying to lose weight for the entire week.  They show her real life goals, tears, struggles, everything...  Each day, they show a month later in her weight loss progress and on the final day, have her in the studio to reveal her total weight loss.  I watch and listen each morning to my recorded episode to get the motivation I need to get up and do the things I need to do to be healthy for the day.  It's like having a trainer, but not paying for the trainer to motivate you!

I've been really struggling with wanting to nap in the afternoon - so I've turned this show on and actually watched it partially, and had to get off the couch (which I was intent on napping on) and gone on with my day.  It actually makes me feel like I need to get going again, even though I thought I needed a nap. 

Check it out and let me know what you think.  Here's a link to the episodes: The Revolution Episode.  Also, be sure to check out the blogs on the right that I love to link up to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! I love to hear from you!