Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Bunting Baby Quilt

I found a tutorial to make this baby quilt HERE, and just had to make it for my new niece.  I won't even repeat the instructions, since Cheryl at www.aprettycoollife.com did such a wonderful job of telling you how to do it.  The only complaint I had for this quilt, were that it was a bit small compared to a quilt size.  I started to cut all the pieces out and got the binding made, and my daughter decided that she really wanted to make this.  Who am I to deny a 13 year old of a project?  So here is what she did - all by herself!She did such a wonderful job.  She makes me proud!


Please let me know what you think of my daughter's talent?  Also, be sure to check out those blogs that I love to link up to.  Oh, by the way, this didn't cost us anything, because I actually used materials that I had on hand!  I also made a matching bib and burp rag to go with it for the shower gift.

9 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! Your daughter did a great job!
    I am your newest follower~
    Hope you hop over to my under followers blog hop tomorrow @ http://pinkaptoamus.blogspot.com
    xoxo
    Amie @ Pinkapotamus

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your daughter made this!! It's just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it a lot! And thanks for to size advice. I will check that when I get ready to make one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And proud you should be! Congratulations to your daughter for making such a pretty quilt!! GREAT JOB! Oh now, you're going to be quilting for the rest of your life sweetie! Mom, get her some supplies of her own!
    Thanks so much for sharing this beautiful quilt with us for Pearls and Lace Thursday!
    Blessings, Doni

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful! your daughter is very talented. Thanks for linking it up to the Pin Inspriation party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey! I found your blog looking for another local ladie's blog through google...she has the name prairie in her blog title too, and I was led to you! :) I am so enjoying looking around---loved your burlap table runner, too.

    Your daughter did a FANTASTIC job on her quilt! She should be so proud! It's so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing this beautiful quilt your daughter made on SImple & Sweet Fridays. You have a very creative daughter!


    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks a bunch for sharing this with all people you really recognize what
    you are talking approximately! Bookmarked. Kindly also consult with my site =).
    We may have a link alternate arrangement among us

    My blog post baby girl nursery
    Also visit my web-site ... baby girl nursery

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this!! I am a new follower!
    I would love it if you were to check out my blog
    oneofakind-kikistok.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I love to hear from you!