Tuesday, November 6, 2012

31 Days - Day 29: Make More and Variety!

If you have a "normal" life that has to go on, this might be more of a reminder for you, but  when you are getting ready for a craft show, you have to keep working on all of your project.  Make many more and make a variety of things.

At this point in your preparations, you house and work area probably looks like this:
Beautiful solid wood frame I'm going to paint and put a wire in to hang pictures by a clothespin.

Small run of the mill bulletin board that I am going to transfer  a  French print on.

This is my favorite.  The picture doesn't do it justice, because it is really long, about 3 feet.  I am painting this shiny black and making it a chalkboard.  

This frame is wonderful!  I'm debating keeping this one a mirror, but I think there is a scratch in the middle, so I may have to turn it into a chalkboard too.  I may go for a teal frame.
This is just a glimpse of the 8 foot table we set up just outside my front door.  In between sick kids and feeling sick myself, this last week,  I keep running outside and doing coats a paint and getting what I can done.  So these things are in varying degrees of finished.  I have a big mess around my sewing machine in my master bedroom (and yes, Mr. Right is a saint!) and also a little desk in my living room where I keep hot gluing things.

Just keep plugging away at more and more items to sell.  The more variety and the more items you have, the more success you are going to have.  Also, be sure to have a variety of price points in your booth as you make things.  I have a big tray of clothes pins that I am painting to make little ornaments and snowman magnets out of to sell for just a dollar, and of course I have larger pieces of furniture to sell for more.

Simple right?  Good luck and getting your family to tolerate your new obsession!  Anyway, be sure to check out the rest of this series, HERE: 31 Days Until a Craft Show.  Also, stay tuned for the finished products of these different frames!  I will be sharing soon all th things I'm doing, and of course, my craft show is just around the corner on December 1st!

Please let me know what you are working on for your craft shows!  I love to hear!  Also, check out those blogs in the right column that I love to link up to.

For a complete list of the 31 Day Until A Craft Show series and links to each post go Here to Day 31.

4 comments:

  1. I'd be keeping that last one!! Wish I could find some pretty frames. Been looking for a while and haven't found anything but cheap plastic ones yet.

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one is made from resin - but because the mirror is heavy it doesn't look like it. I'm not sure where you would find one like this that isn't resin or plastic that you could afford, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. my parents had that exact same fall trees photo in that pretty frame :P

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I love to hear from you!