Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Twice a Bride: Book Review

When I started to read this book, I had no idea that it was a fourth book in the series!  In fact, this was so well written, that throughout the book, the author, Mona Hodgson gave me hints that there was a story before this book, but I didn't feel like I missed out, either.  Well, I have to say that I was extremely curious to know what happened in the other books.  In fact, I usually don't read books out of order in series, because it gives the other stories away, but I didn't feel this book ruined the other books.

"Twice a Bride" is based on Willow Peterson, a new widow and trying to put her life back together after an extended stay in the Glockner Sanitorium.  Willow sets about to follow her new dreams of being an artist, but of course, puts her life in the Lord.  Cripple Creek seems like a good place for Willow to put her roots down and recover from her love of her life's death.

Trenton Van Der Veer, for the first in time in his life, has decided to settle down after his life on the road as a traveling photographer, to recover from a disappointing break-up with his fiance.  His life on the road, afforded him to move one when he felt outcast by people because of his stuttering.  In his new life in Cripple Creek, can Trenton come to terms with his hurts and fears that he experienced in his past involving his walk with God?

As Willow and Trenton work together as photographer and portrait painter, will they be able to get over their pain from lost loves of the past?  Will God heal their broken hearts to give Willow a chance to be "Twice A Bride?"

I highly recommend this book to anyone who loves a great Christian novel and is a fan of Mona Hodgson.  It is well written and a believable story.  Of course, read the first three in the series, before reading this one!  I personally will be going back to read the rest of the Sinclair Sister's saga in this Cripple Creek series.  Although I was given a copy of this book by Waterbrook Press in exchange for my review, all opinions are my own.

Please help me out by rating my review HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! I love to hear from you!