Sunday, February 17, 2013

"New" Pillows

I hadn't realized that it had been November of 2009 that I had redone my couch pillows, but when I went back to my old blog to check, sure enough, it's been four years!  You can check out my Goodwill Redo HERE if you would like to see how I turned a tablecloth into new pillows.  Well, these pillows were really starting to look bad (and I was getting embarrassed having our CARE group over every Wednesday to sit on them!), so I decided to recover them.Of course, the only material I happen to have on hand in my Scrap Stash that would cover four big pillows, was some ticking that I got at Walmart for $1 a yard (they were clearancing all their bolts of material).  I bought the whole bolt, in fact.

For this project, I actually debated just doing two or three of the pillows and changed my mind about the material several times.  I finally decided to just do it, and I could change them in a few months if I didn't like them.  If I had read my original post, I wouldn't have wasted any time in changing them since it's been so long!

Of course, once I got them done, I decided that my couch really needed that drop cloth slipcover that I've had the material for three years and hadn't had enough guts to start yet.  My green couch just wasn't cutting it with my new pillows, so now I have a new project started.  I'll be posting more on that soon!

Another view of those pillows.  I didn't worry about making these removable or putting in zippers, I just went the quickest way, and sewed the pillows in there.  It is so satisfying to just do something new!  Refreshing!

Check out the blogs I love to link up to on the right column.  I love to hear what you think of this new, free project!  Do you have have a project that starts another, though?.

6 comments:

  1. It's always nice to change out a single thing that helps to change a room. I'm envious you got that ticking so inexpensively from Walmart. There's so much you can do with ticking. I've used almost all the older ticking I had from KY and brought here with me.
    I make pillow covers quite frequently, using the envelope opening style so I can change them out quickly when the mood strikes. I bought heavier fabric on clearance last weekend for $3.50 a yd. to recover a club chair I bought a Habitat couple years ago. We took off the skirt and welting that made a big change in look of chair. The fabric is light green with multi-directional stripes interwoven. I made the cushion covers then of course looked at sofa (ugh) and the chair, and off I went. I was lucky with the chair fabric, less than $20 for almost 8 yds, Maybe there'll be enuf to cover couple sofa cushions or part of hubs (ugly) chair. Hate that chair but it's his and he loves it. (ugh)lol Lets see what else can I redo? It never ends does it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It always seems that one project starts another! This will be the project that keeps on giving. I thought about doing the envelope on these pillows, but the last time I did that on these, it would never stay shut. These are the pillows my kids roll around on the floor with, so need them to stay shut.

      Delete
  2. Your blog is wonderful. The name you chose is so fitting for life in Idaho. I went to college in Nampa many years ago. I loved the winters with all the snow. Today, I live in Central Oregon in the high desert. We enjoy the prairie lifestyle, too.
    Your pillows are delightful. Thank you so much for sharing.
    Smiles,
    Carolynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love anything pillows good job!

    www.according2sharon.blogspot.com come visit awhile

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the ticking you used! Those are so cool! And I really need to recover one of my chairs with my dropcloth material too....oh when when when will I have the guts to do this??? Maybe next year!
    Thanks so much for sharing your pretties with us for my party!
    Blessings,
    Doni

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I love to hear from you!