Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Potty Training

This week, we had a speaker come and talk about Potty Training with our MOPS Group.  I wanted to tie in a craft to go with it, so decided to include a Potty Training Chart.  I went on a search on the trusty internet, and found lots of ideas and a free printable for a Potty Training Chart.  I found quite a few, and one I really liked, but it was blurry when I saved it on my computer.  Here is where I got the Potty Charts from.  I printed these off at the church we meet at on card stock for free, so this cost me nothing.
 I had a pack of self laminating sheets on hand that I figured I would just have MOPS reimburse me for, that was until I priced them out at Walmart and discovered that they were $14 for just 10 of them!  Needless to say, I donated most of the cost of these and would recommend using a laminating machine and the sheets end up costing about $.28 each.

Here's what you will need for this project:

  • Ribbon ($.99/roll - we got 2-3 out of each)
  • 1/4" Grommets ($4.45 for 15 grommets and the tool)
  • Hammer
  • Piece of wood to pound on
  • Hole punch (I used regular one, but had to widen the hole to fit the grommets)
  • Card stock with charts printed on them in color
  • Lamination sheets & Lamination Machine (I own one, ask around, you might be surprised to find someone that owns one.  Originally, I split the cost with a friend, and then we just switched when we needed it.  They cost only $28 in Walmart)
This project didn't take very long to complete for 6 ladies (about 20 minutes).  My non-potty trained little one (who had no interest in prior attempts) watched carefully as I got all the things ready, and when I walked in the door from MOPS last night, she was waiting for "her" chart to hang on the wall!  She has had 3 stickers just this morning!

Here's the directions:
  1. Follow the directions for laminating the sheet.  You could do ahead of time, but it was nice to have the ladies do it themselves.)
  2. Punch a hole in two spots at the top - we eyeballed this.
  3. Follow the directions to pound in the grommets.
  4. Tie on ribbon.
  5. Hang up by toilet & enjoy!


I think if I calculated correctly, this project cost us about $1.10 each to make.  I was shooting for less, but you could cut costs if your supporting church has a lamination machine and sheets for free, too.  The Grommets were fun to try - none of the other ladies had ever used them.

I also printed out some potty training tips from Pinterest that I had found along the way.  Let me know what you think.  I hope some of you can use this for a MOPS night, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! I love to hear from you!