Sunday, April 3, 2016

Preschool Piano Lessons

As I mentioned in my prior post Back to the Keyboard, Mr. Right was really excited about the possibility of me offering piano lessons!  Thankfully, I acted on that and got in about six new students to teach each week.  One of the main reasons I've been hesitant to teach lessons, is that it ties up that evening time, where my own kids have sports.  I try so hard to be at my own children's games, that it's hard to be tied to lessons every single week all year round.

What surprised me most about putting it out there to my Facebook friends that I was looking for students, was how many wanted their preschool age children in lesson.  My first response was that they need to know how to read.  Well, as I've been researching to get inspiration and see how to run a music studio, I ran across a preschool music program.  I've looked at a different Kindergarten music program before, but had two objections to it.  First, that program involved me teaching a group of 3-5 year olds by myself.  Secondly, it had a large financial commitment to franchise and have a large enough facility.

I then ran across WunderKeys Preschool program!  A couple of things that I love about this program is that it's free for me to get started, it's one-on-one piano lesson, I can teach during the day, and I can be the one to fill a need that parents have for the children in my area.  Instead of a group of toddlers running out of control, I'm able to focus on the needs of just one of my students at a time.  The other reason I love this program, is that preschoolers are available during the day, instead of that 3:30-7pm time that regular kids are available.
It's official, I'm registered with WunderKeys to be a teacher.  I have four new students that meet during my afternoon hours before my regular students, and I'm loving the results of teaching not only basic piano skills, but math skills as well to 3-5 year olds!  You can find a registered teacher in your area, or even sign up to teach toddlers yourself if you are a musician.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! I love to hear from you!