Friday, January 6, 2017

Green Deep Cleaning: Day 6 - Dishwasher & Microwave

Today we are going to clean the dishwasher, microwave and any other small appliances that need some deep cleaning. We are now done with all the cupboards and pantry, so no need to do that.

How to Green Deep Clean the Microwave

For this job, you will need:

The best way I've found to clean all the stuck on food inside of the microwave, is to loosen the food up with hot moisture.  Here's what I did:
  • Fill the glass bowl with water.
  • Add a couple of teaspoons of lemon juice to the water.


  • Cook water in microwave 2 minutes at a time until the water is hot and steamy, and so is the microwave.
  • Wipe down the microwave with the Envirocloth.
  • Shine all of the glass parts with the Window Cloth.

How to Green Deep Clean the Dishwasher

One of the best ways to clean the dishwasher clean is to keep it clean all the time!  One of the best items that I have found to prevent build up inside the dishwasher, is the Magnet Ball.
This little ball stays in your dishwasher all the time and prevents the calcium build-up.  I noticed right away that my dishes were much cleaner.  We have very hard water, and this has been a little timesaver as well as making our detergent working better with less.
What you'll need:
Just like the Microwave, I like to start my cleaning of the dishwasher with loosening up the stuck on food and gunk.  Here's what I did:
  • Either sprinkle citric acid/lemonade packet or baking soda in the bottom of the dishwasher.
  • If using Baking soda, pour about 1/2 cup of vinegar into the detergent dispenser.
  • Run a hot water cycle of your dishwasher.
  • Next take a look inside and see what needs to be scrubbed out of the inside.
  • If you have calcium deposits on the inside, you can spary some Descaler on and used the Scrubby Corner Cloth to scrub it out.

  • Wash down around the seal and gasket of the door.
  • Wash down the outside of the dishwasher.  Use the Window Cloth on the shiny surfaces to make it really shine!
Now you'll want to deep clean any of those small appliances we haven't gotten to yet. For me that includes several crock pots, a rice cooker, toaster, Kitchen Aid, food processor, etc.  Don't forget to clean your coffee machines!  That Scrubby Corner Cloth works fabulous for these.  If you need some extra elbow grease, go ahead and use some of that Cleaning Paste.

My Disclaimer:  I work hard to earn a living, and one of the avenues of income that I enjoy is commissions from my Norwex business.  If you'd like to have everything I've been posting this week, but would rather earning your own commissions and great Green Cleaning products, go here today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! I love to hear from you!